- What is the Hotel and Car Rental booking section?
In the Hotel and Car Rental Booking section you can redeem miles for the following reservation categories:
- Can I book hotel and car rentals at the same time?
Yes, you may make both hotel and car rental reservations at the same time and redeem for them together as part of a single checkout.
- Can I make a reservation for hotels and car rental located outside of the United States?
Yes, you can make hotel and/or car rental reservations outside of the United States and Canada.
Please also note that for all car rental bookings, the pick-up and drop-off location must be the same.
- Can I book a car rental with different Pick-up/Drop-off locations?
At this time, we are unable to offer one-way car rentals. All car rental booking Pick-up/Drop-off locations must be the same.
- Why can't I make a reservation for tomorrow?
Hotel and/or Car rental reservations may not be made for travel within 48 hours of the current date.
- Can I see all the hotels on a map?
Yes, simply click on “Map View” tab to see a map with all the hotels located as part of your search.
- How do I get more details on a particular hotel or car rental provider?
For each reservation category, detailed information is offered and can be accessed by clicking on the appropriate tab. For example, with hotels, you will see the following tabs “Overview,” “Amenities,” “Entertainment and Restaurants,” and “Features.”
- Why did the redemption price change when I searched for a reservation category versus when I was ready to book it?
If you were not logged in to the SkyMiles Marketplace while conducting your initial search, the system was showing you the standard price for that reservation category. Once you logged in to your SkyMiles account, as a benefit of your membership, we were able to offer you a better price for that redemption.
- How do I find my travel details after I have booked my reservation?
You may access the “Order History” page to find your travel redemption details. Click on “View Full Itinerary,” and you will be presented with the detailed itinerary information.
- Will I receive a confirmation of my reservation?
Yes, a confirmation e-mail will be sent to the e-mail address you provided in the traveler information section during checkout. That e-mail will contain all relevant itinerary information as well as contact information should you require additional support.
- How can I redeem miles from my SkyMiles account for a flight reservation in conjunction with the travel redemption I have just booked?
To make flight reservations, select “Planning and Reservations” from the top navigation bar or “Book Award Trip” from the menu under SkyMiles at the top of the page. For general questions regarding flying with Delta or SkyMiles Award tickets, call 800-323-2323.
- What if I have a question about a Hotel or Car Rental redemption or need to change a reservation after I have already booked it?
For questions regarding an existing travel redemption through the SkyMiles Marketplace, visit your Order History page (you will be prompted to log in) and click on the link “View Full Itinerary” in order to view specific details regarding your travel redemption as well as instructions and contact information should you have further questions. For general questions regarding flying with Delta or SkyMiles Award tickets, call 800-323-2323.
- How do I cancel or change a reservation?
Completed hotel and car rental bookings are not refundable and change fees may apply. Once you have completed a redemption, should you need to make any changes, visit your Order History page and click on the link “View Full Itinerary” to access instructions and contact information.
- How do I pay for any taxes/fees associated with my booking?
All redemption costs include all applicable taxes.
- I called the hotel, but they couldn’t find my name in their reservation system?
Due to hotel supplier policies applicable to our preferred rates, your name may not be provided to the hotel property until 24 hours prior to your arrival. Please contact our customer service agents directly using the toll-free number found in your Itinerary Review page and confirmation e-mail for any requests.